The press secretary to the President, Eugene Arhin has finally responded to the divorce writ of his wife circulating on social media.
His wife, Gloria Assan Arhin has filed for divorce demanding her fair share of properties owned by him.
The wedded wife in a suit sighted by us is praying on the court to divorce the marriage and split properties acquired by the two.
The suit was filed on Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
In the writ available, Gloria Arhin through her lawyers stated:
“The Respondent [Eugene Arhin] shortly after his appointment as the Director of Communications [at the Jubilee House] started behaving in very unusual ways towards the Petitioner [Gloria Assan Arhin] and the Children and continued on this path until the relationship between the parties deteriorated completely.
Eugene Arhin, the wife further states, “has been abusing” her “both physically and verbally at the slightest opportunity for over a year now”.
He has “repeatedly been comparing” her “with the other ladies in his life whenever there is a dispute or misunderstanding between them”.
Gloria Arhin claims that during the pendency of the marriage with Eugene Arhin, through their joint effort they acquired and developed some properties including:
1. A five-bedroom residential property (which was intended to be the matrimonial home of the parties) situate on a two plot of land lying at East Legon in Accra.
2. A four-storey building comprising 16 separate flats/apartments situated on a parcel of land at Bubiashie in Accra which land was acquired from a family friend of Petitioner.
3. An ongoing storey building comprising of 16 separate flats/apartments situate at Tuba-Weija in Accra.
4. A storey building comprising apartments erected on a parcel of land situate at Teshie in Accra.
5. A residential property situated at AU village at La in Accra.
6. A residential building situated at Senya Breku in the Central Region where the Respondent comes from.
7. A waterfront residential property/resort situated at Ada Foah in the Greater Accra region.
8. 3K barbering shop at Teshie.
For moveable properties, Gloria Arhin states that they have:
1. One Ford F150 vehicle
2. Toyota Avalon vehicle with registration number GR 7108-18
3. Toyota Lexus vehicle with registration number GE 4646-18
4. Toyota Tundra vehicle with registration number GE 7108-18
5. Hyundai Elantra vehicle with registration number GE 4646-19
Gloria Assan Arhin is among other things praying the Court for 10 reliefs:
1. That the said marriage be dissolved.
2. That the Petitioner be granted custody of the three children of the marriage, with visiting right to the Respondent.
3. That the five-bedroom residential house situated at East Legon be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
4. That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Bubiashie (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
5. That eight of the apartments/flats in the building situated at Tuba-Weija (representing 50%) be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
6. That vehicles with registration numbers GE 4646-18 and GE 7108-18 be settled in favour of the Petitioner.
7. The Petitioner be declared a joint owner in equal share with the Respondent in all the other properties acquired in the course of the marriage.
8. That the Respondent be ordered to pay the Petitioner the sum of two million cedis (GH¢2,000,000).
9. An order for the Respondent to maintain the children, pay the school fees and health bills of the children of the marriage.
10. That the Respondent be ordered to pay costs of and incidental to this suit.
In a response to the suit sighted by GhanaNewsPage.Com, Eugene Arhin said his wife lied insisting that he does not own the properties listed above.
“In as much as many of the claims leveled against me are baseless and untrue, especially with respect to properties and physical abuse, I will hold my peace and deal with them in the Court of Law,” a post from him read in part.