The Ga Traditional Council (GTC) has placed a ban on drumming and noise-making in the traditional area starting from May 14 to June 14, 2018.
The one-month long ban is a custom that precedes the celebration of the Homowo Festival of the chiefs and people of Ga Mashie.
The Acting President of the GTC, Nii Dodoo Nsaki II, announced this when he addressed a news conference at the Ga Mantse Palace in Accra on Monday.
He called on the chiefs and the elders of Accra and its environs to ensure that the ban was enforced in their respective areas in collaboration with the local district Assemblies.
Nii Dodoo Nsaki said a monitoring team had been put in place with special identity cards to ensure the compliance of the ban with the support of the Police, Asafoatsemei and the Accra Metropolitan Assembly special taskforce.
“They will visit flashy points and arrest recalcitrant churches, noise makers and those who will impersonate or imposters,” he said.
He said the GTC had reached understanding with the orthodox churches and they had expressed their cooperation during the ban.
See programme outline below:
DATE SCHEDULED FOR THE YEAR 2018 GA DANGBE HƆMƆWƆ FESTIVITIES
1. Dantu we -. Monday, 7th May
2. Sakumɔ we -. Tuesday, 8th May
3. Gbese / Korle Klote We – Friday, 11th May
4. Gua – Saturday, 12th May
5. Naede We – Sunday, 13th May
6. Nae We – Tuesday, 15th May
1. Dantu We – Monday, 14th May
2. Sakumɔ We – Tuesday, 15th May
3. Gbese / Korle Klote We – Friday, 18th May
4. Gua – Saturday, 19th May
5. Naede We – Sunday, 20th May
6. Nae We – Tuesday, 22nd May
1. Dantu We – Monday, 4th June
2. Sakumɔ – Tuesday, 5th June
3. Gbese / Korle Klote We – Friday, 8th June
4. Gua We – Saturday, 9th June
5. Naede we – Sunday, 10th June
6. Nae We – Tuesday, 12th June
> BAN ON DRUMMING AND NOISE MAKING
×××××××××××××××××××××× Monday, 14th May 2018.
> LIFTING OF BAN ON DRUMMING AND NOISE MAKING
×××××××××××××××××××××× Thursday, 14th June 2018.
> ŊSHƆ BULEMƆ
Tuesday, 31st July 2018
> GA DANGBE HƆMƆWƆ CELEBRATION
1. Nungua – Saturday, 7th July
2. Dantu – Saturday, 4th August
3. Tema – Friday, 10th August
4. Ga Mashie – Saturday, 18th August
5. Osu – Tuesday, 28th August
6. La – Tuesday, 28th August
7. Teshie – Tuesday, 28th August
8. Kpone – Tuesday, 28th August
9. Prapram – Tuesday, 28th August
10. Ningo – Tuesday, 28th August
Compiled and Signed by:- Nuumo Akwaa Bosombo Mensah – III ( NAE WULƆMƆ )